Ph.D. Seminar of HICL 2022
An optional Ph.D. seminar for doctoral candidates will be held on the 20 September 2022 in cooperation with the Kühne Logistics University (https://www.the-klu.org) and Hamburg University of Technology (https://www.tuhh.de). The seminar will provide an opportunity for graduate students to explore their research interests in an interdisciplinary workshop. More precisely, the Ph.D. seminar will provide students with an opportunity to:
- Present their research work in a relaxed and supportive environment;
- Receive feedback, suggestions and fresh perspectives from peers and experienced faculty outside their own institution;
- Gain an overview of directions for research taken by other doctoral candidates;
- Discuss concerns about research, supervision, the job market, and other issues;
- Network with peers and future colleagues and develop a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research to shape ongoing and future research projects.
We invite Ph.D. students who would like to benefit from this kind of exchange and are interested in feedback on their dissertation. Particularly those candidates whose dissertation topic and research approach are set already and who have made some progress with their project, but who still are open to and can make use of new input, will benefit most from this Ph.D. seminar. However, also participants who are near the end of the dissertation project or only have recently started their project are welcome to join in.
The seminar is curated by Prof. Dr. André Ludwig, Associate Professor of Computer Science in Logistics, Prof. Dr. Hanno Friedrich, Associate Professor of Freight Transportation – Modelling and Policy at the Kühne Logistics University and by Prof. Dr. Kathrin Fischer, Head of the Institute for Operations Research and Information Systems at Hamburg University of Technology.
The Ph.D. seminar will be held on Tuesday, 20 September 2022 as a single track and online event.
Detailed instructions on the agenda will be provided to participants a few days before the seminar.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation.
The registration for the Ph.D. seminar is now open [click here]. The registration deadline is the 30th of August 2022 and there is an attendance fee of 30 EUR. The number of participants is limited to 15 to allow for a lively exchange and discussion.