An optional Ph.D. seminar will be held on the 25 September 2019 for doctoral candidates in cooperation with the Kühne Logistics University (https://www.the-klu.org). It will provide an opportunity for graduate students to explore their research interests in an interdisciplinary workshop. More precisely, the Ph.D. seminar will provide students with an opportunity to:
- Present their research work in a relaxed and supportive environment;
- Receive feedback, suggestions and fresh perspectives from peers and experienced faculty outside their own institution
- Gain an overview of directions for research taken by other doctoral candidates
- Discuss concerns about research, supervision, the job market, and other issues
- Network with peers and future colleagues and develop a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research to shape ongoing and future research projects
We invite students who feel they would benefit from this kind of exchange and feedback on their dissertation. In particular, those candidates who have a clear topic and research approach and have made some progress, but who are not so far along that they can no longer make changes, will benefit most from this Ph.D. seminar.
The seminar is curated by Prof. Dr. André Ludwig, Associate Professor of Computer Science in Logistics at the Kühne Logistics University. Further KLU faculty members will be included into discussions and feedback.
The Ph.D. seminar will be held on Wednesday, 25 September 2019 as a single track event with about 15 candidates attending. For the Ph.D. seminar every participant should prepare:
- An introduction of themselves and his or her Ph.D. topic project for the first introduction. Duration: 60 sec max.
- A 10 minute presentation of the Ph.D. project including motivation/research question, current state/outlook and open issues/questions
Detailed instructions on the agenda will be provided to participants before the seminar. Participants will receive a reduced-rate access to the conference.
Registration for the Ph.D. seminar can be done at: https://hicl.org/tickets